Associate Executive Branch Director
YMCA at New Holland
The Associate Executive Director supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position oversees the development and operations of membership as well as overall supervision of the New Holland branch. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position recruits, trains and supports assigned staff.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA.
- Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign. Participates with volunteer committees/boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Coordinates special events and activities.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
- Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
Current Lancaster Family YMCA employees: in lieu of completing an Employment Application, please submit a job posting form and current resume to Human Resources to apply for a posted open position.