Health & Wellness Director
YMCA at New Holland
The Health & Wellness director is responsible for the development, planning, day-to-day operations and quality of all Health & Wellness Department programs and activities at the branch. This includes all member-related issues/tasks and managing the Wellness Center, personal coaching, group exercise programs, budget, scheduling and new program development.
This position will recruit, train, schedule and supervise staff necessary to achieve constant growth financially and programmatically. Will be responsible to create and manage annual departmental program plans including marketing plans, budget and staff requirements. Will lead the preparation of and manage department budget to ensure revenue targets and departmental nets are achieved and will administer accounting practices related to areas of the H&W Department. The selected candidate will be successful in providing member service through caring, honest, respectful and responsible actions that contribute to the relationship between the member and the YMCA organization.
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience:A minimum of 2 years of proven experience in wellness with administrative and operational competencies in management, program planning, marketing, program development, and administration. Minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Certifications:Group Exercise and/or Personal Training Certification (or must obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Thorough understanding of customer service and its relationship to membership development.
- Aquatics experience a plus.
- Experience in program development and managing department budget preferred.
- Efficient using Microsoft Office programs.
- Will need to provide or obtain required clearances upon hire as well as CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications.
Current Lancaster Family YMCA employees: in lieu of completing an Employment Application, please submit a job posting form and current resume to Human Resources to apply for a posted open position.