Wellness Area Orientation/Guidelines
To ensure a safe and effective exercise program, all members are encouraged to meet with a Y Personal Coach for a free Wellness Orientation. Our friendly, certified staff will discuss how to properly use the cardiovascular and strength equipment. Please wear comfortable workout clothes and sneakers.
Group Wellness Orientations are held every week and are free of charge, but we ask that members register at the Welcome Desk for the session you would like to attend.
L-S Y Wellness Orientations
Adult Orientations: Tuesdays, 6:00-7:00 PM
Teen Orientations: Thursdays, 6:00-7:00 PM
City Y and YMCA at New Holland Orientations.
Orientations are available for members by appointment only at these branches.
For more information, or to schedule a Wellness Orientation contact:
City Center Y at 717-393-9622
Lampeter-Strasburg Y at 717-464-4000
YMCA at New Holland at 354-4747
Wellness Area Guidelines
To keep our Wellness Areas safe and comfortable for all members we ask that you follow our Wellness Area guidelines.
- Shirts, dry shorts, and sneakers are required in order to exercise in the Wellness Center
- Shirts must be worn over sports bras
- No exposed midriffs
- No food and drink, except water/sports drinks, are allowed in Wellness Center
- Do not slam or drop weights
- Return dumbbells to the racks when finished
- Wipe down machines after use with a towel and spray bottle. Do not spray directly on machine
- Follow 30 minute maximum use time for cardio equipment during peak times
- Refrain from using foul language
- Be courteous to other members using the Wellness Center
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Wellness Center
- Member must stay with Guest at all times
- Ask Wellness Floor Trainer if you have any questions or need assistance