School Age Child Care (SACC) Programs 2013-2014
The Lancaster Family YMCA provides licensed and insured school age child care programs. Our professional and caring staff engage the children in a broad array of academic, enrichment, character-building, fitness and fun activities.
Our City Center branch offers after-school care for children in Ross and Wharton Elementary schools. Our YMCA at New Holland Kid Kamp program offers before and after-school care for children in kindergarten through 6th grade. Mid-day transportation to the YMCA at New Holland Kid Kamp is provided for kindergarten students attending New Holland and Blue Ball Elementary Schools.
SACC at the City Center Y
After-school care at our City Center Y is available for children from Ross and Wharton Elementary schools.
- $110.00 per month
Kid Kamp at YMCA at New Holland
The YMCA at New Holland branch offers before and after-school care for children in kindergarten through 6th grade. Mid-day transportation is provided for kindergarten students attending New Holland and Blue Ball Elementary Schools. CCIS accepted.
- Half-Day Kindergarten: $69 / week
- Kindergarten students with Before or After-School: $115 / week
- Kindergarten students with Before and After-School: $160 / week
- Before or After-School Care: $40 / week
- Before and After-School Care: $80 / week
To register your child or for more information, contact Alyson at 717-354-4747, ext. 120 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclement Weather Policy
When weather or other unexpected situations arise causing the school or YMCA to be closed, the following steps will be taken to inform you:
- A statement will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page
- An announcement will be made on local news channels and radio stations (WGAL) by the Y for our closures and by the individual schools for their closures.
- If a school closure occurs, an automated message will be sent to you via the school (pending your registration at the school for this service) indicated their early dismissal/closure. See below for how these incidents will be handled by the YMCA.
If a closure or delay/dismissal occurs and you have a question, please contact Melissa Adams at the Y at 717-393-9622, ext. 1124.
Please be aware that upon notification of a closure or dismissal, Melissa will be juggling communications with numerous families, staff and public communication services. She may not be readily available, so we ask that you only call Melissa AFTER reviewing the policies below and checking the YMCA’s website first (www.lancasterymca.org).