About the Y
The “Lancaster Family YMCA” has been a trusted name and center for strengthening community since 1854. As a nonprofit, charitable organization, the Y is committed to strengthening the foundations of our community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
To nurture our community through the pursuit of life-long growth in spirit, mind, and body.
Our Core Values
At the Y, we do more than talk about our core values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY. We bring them to life every day in our actions and serve as a powerful role model for the men, women, children and of our organization and community.
At the Lancaster Family YMCA, we believe that when we work together to invest in kids, families and adults we can strengthen the entire community.
Please read our 2016 Community Impact Report to learn more.
Our Strategic Plan
Our Focus Areas
Our Organizational Impact
We will deliver our mission and achieve our desired impact in a financially responsible manner.
- We will fully engage our members with the YMCA mission through building and strengthening committed, long-term relationships.
- We will address community needs by empowering YMCA branches to deliver quality programs and measure impact.
- We will effectively engage the community and collaborate with community businesses, organizations, governments and other stakeholders.
- We will build a culture of philanthropy for increasing financial support.
- We will develop and empower a passionate, high-performing organization with leaders and a structural model that supports desired impact.
The strength and stability of the Lancaster Family YMCA lies within our leadership. The boards of directors and managers are comprised of dedicated local volunteers who help govern the YMCA with a strong sense of responsibility for the quality of life in our community. Working together with our professional leadership staff, they help determine program direction and YMCA policy. Thank you to each board member and staff member of the YMCA for helping build strong kids, strong families and strong communities!