City Center YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs. Engages with broader Lancaster community to build relationships and programming related to safety around water and other aquatics initiatives.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Maintains daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts or manages required in-service, lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings, as well as other staff meetings as needed.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and other pool activities.
- Supports Head Swim Team Coach in scheduling swim team practices and meets, as well as overall program management.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years directly related experience preferred.
- Certified Lifeguard, PA Pesticides Certification and CPO/AFO required within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
The Lancaster Family YMCA offers a comprehensive benefits package to include PTO, medical, dental, vision, disability insurances, life insurance and free family use of facilities with program discounts. Also offered is a retirement contribution at 2 years of service as well as participation in a 403B savings plan at time of hire.
Current Lancaster Family YMCA employees: in lieu of completing an Employment Application, please submit a job posting form and current resume to Human Resources to apply for a posted open position.