Thank you for a wonderful summer!
Registration for our 2019 Summer Day Camps will open on December 1, 2018.
Adventure Day Camp (Campers entering 1st-6th grade)
Camp Shand offers a great way for your kids to spend their summer in a safe and fun environment. Campers are divided into groups by grade, so activities are age appropriate. Typical camp experiences include pool and lake-front activities, outdoor living skills, arts & crafts, nature activities, sports and games and more! Each week has a different theme, so campers can attend all summer long and never be bored! Daily lunch included.
Teen Adventure Day Camp (Campers entering 7th-9th grade)
Get ready for a great summer! Our small group format allows teens to work as a group, help plan activities and take regular day camp activities to a new level. With positive staff role models who know how to keep teens challenged while having fun, this program builds self-confidence and leadership skills. Each day includes several hours of activities based on the week’s theme which leads up to a weekly field trip. Participation in these activities is required for participation in the field trip.
Day Camp Transportation/Extended Care
Transportation is available for a fee of $35 per week. This is a Day Camp service only. As a free bonus with the transportation cost, several of our stops offer extended care (see times per location below). This service extends your camper’s day with their friends, and provides parents extra time to get to the stops. Campers are supervised during this time by Camp Shand staff.
Bus Stops (Please note that pick up and drop off times may vary by 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.)
- Camp Shand (extended care only; opens at 7:15 AM and closes at 5:30 PM; breakfast provided.)
- City Center YMCA (extended care and transportation – opens at 7:30 AM, bus leaves the YMCA at 8:00 AM and returns at 5:15 PM, site open until 6 PM)
- East Petersburg Mennonite Church (extended care and transportation – opens at 7:30 AM, bus leaves at 8:10 AM and returns at 5:00 PM, site open until 6:00 PM)
- Kissel Hill Elementary School (transportation only – pick up at 7:30 AM and drop at 5:30 PM, includes breakfast)
- Bonfield Elementary School, Lititz (transportation only – pick up at 7:40 AM and drop off at 5:15 PM, includes breakfast)
- Annville High School (transportation only – pick up at 8:20 AM and drop off at 4:40 PM)
- New Life Church, Manheim (transportation only – pick up at 8:30 AM and drop off at 4:40 PM)
- Lebanon YMCA Day Care Office, at 8th Street and the railroad, Lebanon (transportation only – pick up 8:30 AM, drop-off at 4:45 PM)
Extended Day Camp At Camp Shand
Parents can drop off their day campers at Camp Shand as early as 7:15 AM and pick them up as late as 5:30 PM. Cost is $35 per week and includes breakfast if camper is present by 8 AM. If not using the extended care option, day campers must be dropped off no earlier than 8:45 AM and picked up by 4:40 PM.