Celebrate Take a Hike Day at Camp Shand
Join us on November 17 from 1-4 PM to enjoy the great outdoors with hikes around Camp. We have several routes to choose from, and off course, we’ll have S’mores!
It’s a great way to enjoy nature as a family!
This is a free event, but please let us know you are coming by calling 717-272-8001 or emailing us at email@example.com
**While we love dogs, your canine friends will need to stay at home for this event.**
SOAR at Camp Shand with School’s Out Adventure Rangers
Enjoy a fun and educational day at Camp Shand during the winter school break with our School’s Out Adventure Rangers (SOAR) program.Our winter session of SOAR offers environmental education activities, arts and crafts, group games, reading time, winter survival skills, hiking and other fun activities.
December 30, 8:00 am-4:30 pm (extended care option available)
SOAR is available for youth in grades 1-6.
Register by December 15.
- Return the Registration Form, Payment and *Signed waiver to:
YMCA Camp Shand, Box 339, Cornwall, PA 17016.
- You can also call 717-272-8001 to register by phone with VISA, MC, Discover.
Camp Rentals and Team Building Programs
With countless possibilities for relaxation, learning and adventure, Camp Shand is available to rent for family reunions, meetings, parties, youth group outings or team building workshops. Groups can choose to use the facilities and provide their own programming or enlist the YMCA Staff to lead their activities.
YMCA Staff are ready to provide:
- Team building using our Adventure Challenge Course, Low and High Ropes courses
- Environmental Education classes (for all ages)
- Nature Walks
- Group Games
- Waterfront Activities
- Swimming (when in season)
- Canoeing, Kayaking
- Climbing Wall
- ArcheryOther programs can be designed to meet your group’s needs.
Note: Use of the pool, canoes, kayaks, ropes course, climbing wall and archery range require the use of YMCA staff.
Located in the woodlands of beautiful Southern Lebanon County, YMCA Camp Shand offers 120 acres of adventure and fun. Our facilities include:
- Dining Hall with large deck
- Industrial Kitchen
- 10 open air cabins (with 10 bunks)
- 2 closed cabins (with 10 bunks)
- Recreation Hall
- Indoor Meeting Rooms
- Outdoor Chapel
- Adventure Challenge Course with Zip Line
- Lake for fishing, canoeing, kayaking
- Swimming Pool with water slide (May – September)
- Hiking Trails
- Sports Field
- Black Top with Basketball
- High and Low Ropes Course
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Endless Possibilities for creative classes and programs
Fees and Availability
Camp Shand is available for rent with or without programming from early April through May 31 and from late August through mid-November, as well as selected weekends throughout the summer. Prices are based on length of stay, number of participants and involvement of YMCA Staff for programming. Reservations are taken up to one year in advance and require a deposit. For more information, please contact Camp Shand at 717-272-8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.