Employment & Volunteer Opportunities at Camp Shand
Summer Employment Opportunities
We are a co-ed summer youth camp offering day camps, resident programs and adventure and service-based programs. The 2018 camping season is coming fast and we are eager to hire talented and energetic staff members who are truly interested in providing exceptional leadership to our campers. A summer camp job can be the toughest job you’ll ever love! So if you are ready to work long hours, expend tons of energy, have an amazing amount of fun and make a difference in the lives of each camper then we would love to hear from you.
Unless otherwise indicated all positions are required to:
- Ability to work from Sunday, June 3, 2018 to: Day Camp, Friday, August 24, 2018
- Specialists, Friday, August 24, 2018
- Resident Camp, Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Must have current First Aid, CPR and AED Training; Up to date Pennsylvania Criminal and Child Abuse background clearances and FBI clearances.
- Ability and willingness to fill in as needed in any area of camp for which you are qualified, including some weekend duties.
- Camp Specialists will work with day, resident and visiting groups, can live on or off camp.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds, some positions require as much as 50 pounds; maneuver in the camp’s natural terrain and actively participate in camp activities.
- Responsibilities could be to provide bus stop and/ or transportation tasks beginning at 7:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Any staff residing in camp will be required to be present from Sunday at 11:30 am until Friday at 7:00 pm and participate in Resident Camp Activities as directed.
- All staff and volunteers are expected to embrace our “I’m Third” community of putting your beliefs first, others second, and yourself third.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO CAN COMMIT FOR THE FULL SUMMER.
To be considered for a position, please complete the following paperwork and return to us by mail or e-mail as soon as possible.
- Review the Job Postings and decide which positions interest you.
- Complete the Application for Employment
- Complete the Employment Questionnaire
- Return your completed paperwork to YMCA Camp Shand at Box 339, Cornwall, PA 17016 or to Scott Mailen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled. If you have any questions concerning the hiring process, Camp Shand itself or if you would like to visit camp please call or e-mail.
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunties
Are you an enthusiastic Camp Shand friend, alumni or parent looking for a rewarding opportunity to promote camping programs and give back? Check out the below volunteer opportunities available at Camp Shand. Each position description includes instructions on how to learn more or apply to volunteer.