Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 simply as a day that encourages people to do good. While Giving Day is typically held the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the movement realized that people and communities could use a little goodness and generosity amidst the international outbreak of COVID-19.
#GivingTuesdayNow Is Taking Place On May 5, 2020
As An Emergency Response To The Unprecedented Need Caused By COVID-19.
You may be wondering, how can people give back during a global pandemic?
Here are 10 Ways to join the #GivingTuesdayNow Movement: From monetary contributions to small gestures of kindness – everything matters!
- Make a donation to support our ongoing efforts in the community
- Sew masks for the community
- Donate food to the local food bank or volunteer your time to sort and pack donations.
- Sign up to give blood – find a blood drive close to you.
- Share kindness with your neighbors – check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to chat.
- Post a poster or sign of support for your community essential workers, neighbors and passers by to cheer them up and on.
- Order takeout/curbside pick food from a local business or buy a gift card. Maybe try a new place once a week.
- Go outside and create a beautiful spring mural or positive message with sidewalk chalk.
- Homeschooling? Teach your children about kindness and giving help to others during this time.
- Share this list of ways to Give Now.
Even though our physical doors are closed, we are working harder than ever to give back to you. We created YMCA at Home.