1. If I am a member at one Lancaster Family YMCA branch, may I use the other branches?
- When you are a member at any Lancaster Family YMCA branch, you have full access and membership privileges to all Lancaster Family YMCA branches.
2. What are the busiest times to work out or swim?
- At our City Center branch, the busiest times in the facility are:
- 8:30-10:30 AM and 4:00-6:30 PM
- At our Lampeter-Strasburg branch, the busiest times in the facility are:
- Monday-Friday: 5:00-6:30 AM, 8:00-11:00 AM and 3:00-7:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
- At our YMCA at New Holland branch, the busiest times in the facility are:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00-8:00 PM
3. Is there an annual contract to join?
- We do not have annual contracts with our members. Membership with the Y runs on an ongoing basis, with automatic monthly withdrawal of dues.
- If you choose to cancel your membership, we do have a 30-day cancellation policy, which means you would be billed one more time from the point of your cancellation. A membership cancellation form needs to be completed to cancel your membership. This form is located at our Welcome Desks. You will still have full access to the Y facilities during this time.
4. If I stop coming to the Y, does my membership automatically cancel?
- No. Membership dues are not based on usage, so you need to complete a cancellation form, located at our Welcome Desks, to cancel your membership.
- We do have a 30-day cancellation policy, which means you would be billed one more time from the point of your cancellation. You will still have full access to the Y facilities during this time.
5. How do I attend/sign up for an exercise class?
- All of our exercise classes are included in your membership. No registration is required. To avoid overcrowding in classes, we require that you get a ticket for entry into the class of your choice. Tickets are provided at our Welcome Desks and are available up to 30-minutes prior to the start of the class.
6. Do you offer child care services while members are working out?
- The Y offers child care for members’ children while they are utilizing the facilities. This service is available for children ages 3 months to 12 years. It’s free for those with Family Memberships and $2.00 for two hours for those with Adult Memberships.
- Child care is provided in two areas of each Y branch – our Child Watch Rooms and our I-Zone rooms. When the I-Zones rooms are open at a branch, children Kindergarten age – age 12 need to be signed into that room. If the I-Zone room is closed, all children will be signed into the Child Watch Room.
- There is a two-hour limit/day. Parents must remain on the Y premises while children are in Child Watch. Children must wear socks in the Child Watch area.
Click here to view the Child Watch hours for each branch.
7. Do you have lockers for members to use?
- Each YMCA branch has a Men’s, Women’s and Family Locker room. The Family Locker Room is designated for members in one of the three following categories:
- Families with children
- Members that need assistance in the facility
- Members with special needs
- Members are welcome to use the lockers when they are at the branch, and we strongly recommend that members lock their locker. Members can bring their own locks, or locks are available for rent at the Welcome Desks. Locks and personal belongings must be removed by the member each day upon leaving the branch.
- Monthly locker rentals are available for a $15/month fee. This would enable a member to keep personal belongings locked in a locker at the branch for an ongoing time period.
8. How many guests can I bring per year and can they swim?
- Members are given 2 free guest passes per year. If a guest wishes to use the pool, he/she would need to pay a $6.00 guest fee for pool use.
- After a member’s free guest passes are used, members can still bring guests to the Y for the remainder of the year by paying a $6.00/guest fee. This fee would include pool use for the guest.
9. Will someone show me how to use the equipment?
- We offer a complimentary wellness program – SMART Start – where every member can get connected with a Y Personal Coach and get started on the right track. This program includes an equipment orientation.
- We also offer Adult and Teen Orientations. You can sign up for this complimentary 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Desks.
10. Can I put my membership on Hold?
- Members can put their membership on hold for up to 3 months by completing a HOLD form located at the Welcome Desk. At the end of the hold period, your membership will become active and you will be billed on the next cycle.
11. Where do I park?
- Each Lancaster Family YMCA branch has a parking lot with free parking for members and guests.
- At the YMCA at New Holland, in addition to our main parking lot in front of the YMCA, parking for Y members and guests is also available in the first parking lot located to the right as you turn off Shirk Road onto the drive that takes you to the YMCA. (This is the parking lot located across the street from the New Holland Re-Uzit Shop.) Parking is available in this lot down to the Bank.
- The City Center branch also has overflow parking available at these locations:
- Clipper Stadium. (During Lancaster Barnstormers’ home games (view game schedule) the Clipper Stadium parking lots are closed to Y member and guest parking after 12 PM.)
- The Heart Group after 5 PM and on weekends only – This parking area is not available on Lancaster Barnstormers’ game days.
12. Can I visit other Y’s?
- Lancaster Family YMCA members have access to many YMCAs across the country through YMCA Nationwide Membership.
- You will be required to show your Y membership card (or key tag) and the Y you are visiting will call your home Y branch to ensure you are a member in “good standing.”
13. What is the member dress code?
- Members should not show their midriff area while utilizing the facility; bathing suits must be worn in the swimming pool and whirlpool; towels or shorts must be worn in the steam/sauna rooms. No shoes allowed in steam/sauna.
14. Can I get financial assistance towards membership or programs?
- The Y has a financial scholarship program that can help reduce the costs of Y membership or programs. Anyone whose annual household income is $50,000 or less is eligible to apply for a scholarship. Completion of a financial scholarship application is needed for scholarship consideration. The Welcome Desk staff can provide you with an application or you can download an application from our website.
15. Do you offer residence?
- The Lancaster Family Y does not offer rooms for overnight residents.
16. How am I informed of facility closings?
- If the Y is closed due to inclement weather or an emergency, information regarding the closure will be posted on the Lancaster Family YMCA website, Facebook page and push notifications will be sent to members who use the Y’s free Mobile App. Closure information will also be sent to WGAL for posting.
17. How do I give feedback on the Y?
- We welcome your feedback and comment cards are located at the Welcome Desks and throughout our facilities.