The vote regarding the plan of merger between the Lancaster Family YMCA and the YMCA of Greater Brandywine, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 26, is postponed until further notice, as we can’t bring large groups of people together due to the Coronavirus.
The Boards of Directors of the Lancaster Family YMCA (LFY) and the YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW) have both voted to move forward with a plan of merger. Bringing our two Associations together enables us to increase opportunities to expand and strengthen Y programs and services, especially in the areas of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Below are important documents for LFY members related to the plan of merger.
Plan of Merger Documents
- Press Release Regarding Plan of Merger
- Letter to LFY Members – This was sent to the primary member of each LFY membership to provide additional information on the plan of merger.
- FAQ – Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the plan of merger.
- Merger Agreement – This document is in draft form, but the material terms are not expected to change.
- Plan of Merger – This document is in draft form, but the material terms are not expected to change.
- Bylaws of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine – These would be the adopted bylaws of both Associations should the plan of merger be approved.
- Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation