VIRTUAL LEARNING CENTER
Our learning center for students in grades K-6 who are doing virtual learning is available at the Lancaster Family YMCA City Center.
- Provide full-day care from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Breakfast and Lunch is served daily.
- Our counselors are available to assist and ensure students complete their virtual learning.
- Social enrichment opportunities and physical fitness activities are also provided and students have access to Y amenities such as our Saxton Family Gymnasiums, arts and crafts, and safe socializing.
- Students are in small groups of no more than 23 and each group is supervised by 2 staff members.
- Wi-Fi is provided with students bringing their own device and headphones.
Health & Safety
The Lancaster Family YMCA has safely reopened and has implemented health and safety guidelines recommended by the CDC, Department of Human Services, American Academy of Pediatricians and the Pennsylvania Board of Health.
- All children and staff are screened prior to the start of each day to ensure they are healthy. Anyone exhibiting a temperature of 100.4 or higher or other symptoms of illness is not permitted to attend our childcare programs. Visitors need special approval to be onsite.
- More frequent hand-washing breaks and enhanced disinfecting procedures have been implemented.
- Parents and guardians will remain in their cars during drop-off and pickup with a member of our staff accompanying each child to their classrooms.
- Further information about the health and safety in our facility can be found HERE.
A Typical Day
The day will consist of remote learning time, in class school work time and then programming, which will include activities from the following areas:
- Full Breakfast and Lunch
- Virtual Support
- Character Development
- Arts and crafts
- Active Play/Gross Motor
A variety of activities will occur between instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we need to provide our own school supplies?
Each student will need to provide their own basic school supplies. All students are encouraged to bring a water bottle daily.
What about remote access to school?
Each student will need to provide their own iPad/laptop and headphones. WiFi access is available.
Is hand sanitizer available?
Hand sanitizer will be provided and used as needed when children and staff are not near a sink. Parents are invited to donate hand sanitizer.
Who is wearing masks?
All staff wear masks. All children ages two and older also need to wear to a face mask when in our facilities as directed by the State of Pennsylvania.
We know it can be difficult for children, especially those who are younger, to understand why they need to wear a face covering and often to keep a face covering on. We will encourage children to keep masks on as much as possible.
AGES: Kindergarten through 12 years of age.
Dates: Monday through Friday
Time: 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
FEES: $25 registration fee
Daily Rate: $30.00
ELRC is accepted.
Register online by clicking HERE
CONTACT MELISSA ADAMS: MADAMS@LANCASTERYMCA.ORG
CITY CENTER YMCA
265 Harrisburg Ave Lancaster, PA 17603
P 717 393 9622 x1124