Saving our YMCA. One Gift at a Time.
A Fundraising Campaign to Continue 166 Years of Community Impact
How we help
The YMCA is so much more than a gym. Thanks to our members and supporters, we’re there for our community in so many ways. Since 2015…
- 198 children participated in YMCA Pre-K Counts and Early Learning programs at no cost to families
- Over 2,000 children attended summer learning and enrichment programs
- 2,371 children participated in 8,600 YMCA swim lessons and free water safety classes
- 16,000 members have had access to wellness services, fitness programs, diabetes prevention education, and more
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA has celebrated and provided encouragement and community to 125 strong cancer survivors free of charge
- $3 million in financial support has been offered to more than 5,000 members who would not have been able to afford access to our services.
Where we’re going
We’re not done doing good in Lancaster. With your support, we’re going to…
- Continue to expand our youth programs both during the school year and over the summer to make sure all of our community’s kiddos thrive in the classroom
- Develop new and expand existing programs to address chronic diseases, such as diabetes and cancer
- Start up a New American Welcome Center to support newcomers to our country Delivering high-quality wellness services in-person and virtually to everyone in our community
- Collaborate with other groups and causes to move Lancaster towards a bright future
What we’re doing
It’s true that we face challenging times here at the Lancaster Family YMCA, but we’re taking big steps to make sure we’re around for another 166 years. Here’s how we’re cementing our place in the community.
Reducing our Debt
We’re reducing our long-term debt through strategic partnerships and financial initiatives
Reopening and Growing
We’ve reopened our facilities and are adding new programs to meet community needs
Taking Advantage of Funding Opportunities
Our team is pursuing and securing financial relief opportunities, such as CARES funding and PPP loans
Partnership with the York YMCA
The YMCA in York County has entered into a partnership with us to ensure smooth operations and financial stability
Engaging the Community
YMCA stakeholders are connecting with other nonprofits, businesses, and groups to address issues facing Lancaster
You can be a part of the “Without the Y” campaign to save our YMCA!
Raise $500,000 to ensure the YMCA’s charitable work continues
Engage the community to create a strong network of donors and supporters
How You Can Help:
Make a donation or volunteer to help us connect with people who may want to give to the YMCA.